Check at your local Tourist Office for full details of Events
The use of masks, complying with safety distances and the use of
hydroalcoholic gel is mandatory.
Tel 968 493 285 – Sat Market
Every Saturday – Antique & Collectable Market near the Railway Station. From 10am
Contemporáneos de Coronado Permanent Art Exhibition – Auditorio Doña Elena
Sunday 18th July – Ruta del Ferrocarril
Check at Tourist Office for availability.
Alhama de Murcia
Tel 968 633 51 – Tues Market
There are some fabulous walks in the Sierra Espuña National Park.
Go to http://turismo.alhamademurcia.es and click on Paths of Sierra Espuña. You will find full details of all walks available and a map that you can download.
Fuente Alamo – Sat Market
Every Wednesday – Hacienda del Alamo Women’s Association Coffee Morning @ The Club House 10am-12pm
Tel 968 441 914 – Thurs Market
Lorca Castle – general entry 6€. Guided Tours available in English for 4€ on Thursdays at 10.30am for 22€ to include lunch, with special packages on Sundays. Check at Tourist Office for full details.
Viva Lorca Festival 10€/15€
- Friday 9th July –Victor Manuel
- Saturday 10th July – Ella Baila Sola
- Friday 16th July – Canijo de Jerez
- Saturday 17th July – Celtas Cortas
- Friday 23rd July – Comandante Lara
- Saturday 24th July – Ladilla Rusa
- Sunday 25th July – Noche Sabinera
- Friday 17th September – Bombai
- Saturday 18th September – Shinova
- Saturday 25th September – La Pegatina
This open-air festival will be held at La Herta de la Rueda/Plaza de España/La Merced Complex
Tel 968 594 426 – Sat Market
Blue Flag Beaches
These have been awarded to the beaches of: Rihuete, Puerto, Bahía-La Reya, Nares, Grande-Castellar, Alamillo, El Mojón and Percheles and also the Puerto Deportivo and the Club de Regatas
Shelter for Cats
Mazarrón Council has installed a shelter for cats of the ‘CER Project’ developed by the council of animal welfare and APROAMA. The shelter will allow felines that have problems to be accommodated so that after sterilization, they can be put up for adoption or returned to their colonies. The programme for the capture, sterilization and return of cats was developed by the Department of Animal Welfare and the Mazarrón Animal Protection Association (APROAMA)
Silvia García, mayor of Animal Welfare, said “The installation of small huts will continue in areas where there is a greater number of felines, thus continuing with the CER project, for the benefit of animal welfare and the coexistence of neighbours, complying with Law 6/2017 on the protection and defence of animals.”
Restoration Of The Old Cultural Atheneo (Casino)
The municipal council will continue to improve and restore this building despite not being named an ‘Asset of Cultural Interest’. Hardly any data is known about the building; the date nor the architect who designed the project. It was built in 1840, thanks to the economic mining boom in Mazarrón. At first it was used as a private home and offices for the mining industry. Later it was the Casino and the Cultural Athenaeum and it has a curious cast iron spiral staircase in the modernist style.
Aula Veritas’ is holding three sports camps in Mazarrón to take place in the Media Legua Sports Complex as well as in other municipal facilities, including the ‘Siglo XXI’ School.
The camps will be Basketball, Beach Volleyball and 3×3 Basketball for young people between 7 and 17 years old. They will be divided into sessions until the end of July to instil social and sports values.
More information can be downloaded from www.mazarron.es
Free Guided Tours in Mazarrón area.
- Friday 2nd July – Camping Las Torres-Los Molares
- Saturday 3rd July – Mines of Mazarrón
- Monday 5th July – Sierra de la Moreras-Calas de Bolnuevo
- Saturday 10th July – Casco Historico de Mazarrón
- Monday 12th July – Lonja de Pescadores
- Friday 16th July – Puntas de Calnegre-Percheles
- Saturday 17th July – Viaje al Pasado
- Monday 19th July – La Atalaya-Coto Fortuna
- Tuesday 20th July – Torre de Los Caballos
- Friday 23rd July – Historic Puerto de Mazarrón
- Saturday 24th July – Evening Tour of Mazarrón
- Monday 26th July – Via Verde (2nd section)-Cartagena
- Tuesday 27th July – Cabezo del Plomo
- Friday 30th July – Alamillo-Rambla Alameda-Balsicas
- Saturday 31st July – Mines of Mazarrón
- Monday 2nd August – Castillitos
- Tuesday 3rd August – Historical Puerto de Mazarrón
Visit the Tourist Office or www.visitamazarron.es for full details of all tours.
Free Zumba Classes
Playa del Puerto 10.30am & 6.30pm
Playa de la Reya 12pm & 8pm
Free Summer Cinema 8pm @ La Isla
- Thursday 1st July – Big with Tom Hanks
- Thursday 8th July – Madagascar
- Thursday 15th July – Round the World in 80 Days
- Monday 19th July – Carros de Fuego
- Thursday 22nd July – Anacleto Secret Agent
- Monday 26th July – Mamma Mia
- Thursday 29th July – Eduardo Manostijeros
- Monday 2nd August – Sonrisas y Lagrimas
Free Jazz Concerts
The Department of Culture of the Mazarrón City Council and the Jazzazza Club (Murcia) have prepared a series of Jazz concerts that will take place during the summer months in Puerto de Mazarrón. Rejazz will feature 6 concerts: four in July, one in August and one in September. All concerts will start at 10pm at El Mirador de Bahía. Cabezo de la Reya – Puerto de Mazarrón.
Dance Schools’ Festivals
They will take place at the CEIP Infanta Leonor. 10pm
- Friday 2nd July – Children’s Festival of the ‘Dance and Theatre Academy… De Rosa’
- Saturday 3rd July – Festival of Youth Course
- Saturday 10th July – VI Festival of the Juan Antonio Iglesias Dance School
- Saturday 17th July – XXXII Festival of the ‘Terpsícore Dance Studio
Tel 968 436 153 – Fri Market
Discover the historical and patrimonial wealth of Puerto Lumbreras through Medina Nogalte visiting its cave-houses and the Nogalte Castle. From Craftsman workshop cave house, reception of Medina Nogalte. 7pm. 3€ (under 10’s free). Payment due 2 days prior to visit @ ES 12 3058 0204 15 2732000020-City Hall of Puerto Lumbreras.
Please check availability as some of the evenings are already fully booked.
Tel 968 418 153 – Wed Market/Fri in El Pareton
Saturdays & Sundays – Guided Visit to La Bastida 3.40€ (2.50€ disc)10am/12pm. Book at Tourist Office
Saturdays – Guided Visit Museum Of The Tower Of Santiago 10am
The first level hosts the chapter house that refers to the lands of Totana; the Order of Santiago. The second level is the choir of the church, which shows the Mudejar coffered ceiling of the temple and the explanation of its chapels. The next level is known as ‘the bride’s room’, which was the old house of the bell ringer. The fourth level cannot be visited as it contains the current clock. The last level is the bell tower, where the second oldest bell of the Diocese is located, dating from 1470.