MABS Cancer Support Fundación
Providing practical help and support to those that need us most
First the most important bit. We can provide:
- Transport with driver to take patients to and from hospitals
- Translators to ensure the diagnosis is fully understood
- Home carers to provide additional care when needed
- Respite and Hospice care in our Respite Home
- Medical equipment on loan to patients
- 1-2-1 counsellors
- If you need our help just phone our Helpline 620 422 410
Recent Fundraising and Donations
On 14th September, The Diner, Camposol B held their weekly quiz and raffle, this time to raise funds for MABS. Thanks to Jay and the team they raised a very welcome 233€ on the night.
World Coffee Morning
A massive thank you to all who came along on September 30th to the Respite Home, Camposol B and to Cat’s Bar, Camposol A and those who contributed to the bucket collection at Rendezvous. Thank you to all the volunteers who gave up their time, made cakes and the craft ladies for the cards and other items to sell. Your efforts and generosity raised a much needed 956.74€.
Christmas is coming! Well Navidad anyway!
Feliz Navidad everybody! (before the song takes over….)
Christmas cakes are available now to order from the Respite Home, Camposol B or by phoning 689 052 123
5” 12.50€ 9.50€
6” 14.50€ 11.50€
7” 16.50€ 13.50€
How you can help:
Volunteers Needed! – We always need more volunteers to help out in various roles:
- Manning reception in our Respite Home.
- Helping in our shop in Totana (car share available from Camposol B) – general sales staff, till operators and floor walkers, sorters, checking donations as they arrive and preparing them for sale (washing etc) and ironers.
- Driving patients to their appointments.
- Working on our van, collecting and delivering furniture etc. (think of the saving in gym fees!)
If you can spare a few hours and would like to help we would love to see you. It is very rewarding work and makes a huge difference to those that need our help.
We always need donations of furniture, bric-a-brac etc. for our shop in Totana.
For furniture and larger items please message MABS Charity Shop, Totana Facebook or phone 634 313 478 to arrange collection.
For smaller items, we have donation ‘boxes’ for clothes, bric-a-brac, books etc. in our Respite Home, Alley Palais, Camposol B and The Club House, Camposol C.
For more information http://www.mabscancerfoundation.com
If you need our help just phone 620 42 24 10
With your help:
In September we were able to assist with:
- 105 Appointments
- 103 Translations
- 33 Drives to hospital
- 8 Loans of equipment
Year to date to the end of August:
- 856 Appointments
- 807 Translations
- 276 Drives to hospital
- 92 loans of equipment