MABS Cancer Support Fundación
Providing practical help and support to those that need us most
It’s the end of another year and the start of the new. Happy New Year to everyone! A massive thank you to everyone who donated furniture, clothes, bric-a-brac, books and money to help those who have been diagnosed with cancer. It really is our life blood and without your kindness we couldn’t continue.
A huge shout out to all the Volunteers in the shop, the van, manning reception at the Respite Home, manning the phones, caring for patients, counselling and driving patients. Your selfless actions and your hard work makes a huge difference. It really is appreciated, especially by the people we help.
Helpline – the most important bit.
We can provide:
- Transport with driver to take patients to and from hospitals.
- Translators to ensure the diagnosis is fully understood.
- Home carers to provide additional care when needed.
- Respite and Hospice care at our Respite Home.
- Medical equipment on loan to patients.
- 1-2-1 counsellors.
If you need our help just phone our Helpline 620 422 410
Recent Fundraising and Donations
Race for Life on 30th October raised an incredible 8,500€. Well done to all who took part and to all the Volunteers who made it possible. A shout out to Colin Thackwell who has taken part in every MABSRace for Life (17). He ran 21km before the race started, getting up at ‘silly o’clock’ and still made the start of the race. A big thank you to Decklid as well whose team raised 2,600€ for the event.
Raffle for Piano Accordian
Thank you to all who bought a ticket. You managed to raise 205€.
MABS Craft Group at the Diner on 18th November.
Thanks also to all who supported this event which raised 243€.
Nicola’s Haircut on 4th November
Nicola, who had not had her hair cut for over 4 years, raised a fabulous 343.06€ by having her hair cut outside Tel’s Bar, Camposol A. The money raised was gratefully received by MABS. Her hair has been donated to Princess Trust who create wigs for children who have lost their hair following gruelling cancer treatments.
How you can help:
Volunteers Needed! We always need more volunteers to help out in various roles:
- Manning reception in our Respite Home
- Helping in our shop in Totana (car share available from Camposol Sector B). General sales staff, till operators, floor walkers, sorters, checking donations as they arrive and preparing them for sale (washing etc.), ironers.
- Driving patients to their appointments.
- Working on our van, collecting and delivering furniture etc. (Think of the saving in gym fees!)
If you can spare a few hours and would like to help we would love to see you.
We always need donations of furniture, bric-a-brac etc. for our shop in Totana.
Furniture and larger items? Message MABSCharity Shop Totana (Facebook) or phone 634 313 478 to arrange collection.
We have donation ‘boxes’ for clothes, bric-a-brac, books etc. in our Respite Home and Alley Palais, Camposol B and The Club House, Camposol C.
Helpline 620 422 410