What we do
As a Cancer Support Fundación, MABS is available to anyone of any nationality who needs help as a result of:
- Being diagnosed with cancer.
- Affected by a spouse or partner having cancer.
- Bereavement due to cancer.
- Needs respite from spouse or partner with cancer.
- Helpline – The most important bit, we can provide the following:
- Transport with driver to take patients to and from hospitals.
- Translators to ensure the diagnosis is fully understood.
- Home carers to provide additional care when needed.
- Respite and Hospice care in our Respite Home.
- Medical equipment on loan to patients.
- 1-2-1 counsellors
If you need our help just phone our Helpline 620 422 410
For more information http://www.mabscancerfoundation.com
How you can help:
- Volunteers needed! We always need more volunteers to help out in various roles:
- Manning reception in our Respite Home.
- Helping in our shop in Totana (car share available from Camposol B) – general sales staff, till operators and floor walkers; sorters, checking donations as they arrive and preparing them for sale (washing etc.); ironers.
- Driving patients to their appointments.
- Working on our van, collecting and delivering furniture etc. (think of the saving in gym fees!)
- In particular we need drivers to take patients to their appointments – expenses are available.
- Fundraisers to help organise events, etc.
If you can spare a few hours and would like to help we would love to see you.
We always need donations of furniture, bric-a-brac, linen, books etc. for our shop in Totana (books on bookcases in Alley Palais, Camposol B).
We have donation points for smaller items at The Clubhouse, Camposol C, The Respite Home and Alley Palais on Camposol B.
Collections: Furniture and larger items? Message MABS Charity Shop, Totana (Facebook) or call 634 313 478 to arrange collection.
Recent Fundraising and Donations
Sadly the Camposol Fiesta Group wound up recently, but they have generously given their remaining funds to local charities. A massive thank you to the Committee who have donated 5,000€ to MABS.
Freemasons – A big thank you also goes to the Provincial Grand Lodge of Murcia for their generous donation of 500€
Christmas Hamper – A big thank you also goes to Decklid Auto Services for raising 400€ from their 2€ a square annual Hamper Raffle.
Raffle for Piano Accordion– Thank you to all who bought a ticket for the Piano Accordion. You managed to raise 205€
Christmas Watch Raffle -A big thank you to those that bought tickets for the watch raffle which raised 202€.
Rendezvous Air Fryer Raffle – Rendezvous on Camposol A raised a further 280€ with their Air Fryer raffle.
As always, we couldn’t help the people that need us most without your help, so a massive thank you to everyone who has helped by donating much-needed money, furniture, clothes, bric-a-brac, books etc. that is the lifeblood of our fund raising in our Totana shop. A huge shout out to all our volunteers who give up their time (and sometimes blood and sweat) to help out in all sorts of ways. Without them we couldn’t continue.