MABS Cancer Support Fundación
Providing practical help and support to those that need us most
First the most important bit. We can provide:
- Transport with driver to take patients to and from hospitals
- Translators to ensure the diagnosis is fully understood
- Home carers to provide additional care when needed
- Respite and Hospice care in our Respite Home
- Medical equipment on loan to patients
- 1-2-1 counsellors
If you need our help just phone our Helpline 620 422 410
Recent Fundraising and Donations
As the world has become a little more normal, fundraising in June and the beginning of July has raised:
Ascot Ladies’ Day raised an amazing 1,427.80€, so a big thank you to everyone who came along and gave so generously and to all our glamorous models.
Charity Quiz on Camposol B raised 271.10€, so a shout out to Jay Leatherland and his team for their efforts and to everyone who took part.
MCC Social Club which is sadly closing after 17 years donated 1,000€ to MABS and 1,000€ to Age Concern, so another thank you to the Committee and members of the Social Club – their trips and events will be sorely missed.
On 10th July Karen Andrew took part in the gruelling Ironman Challenge in Vitoria Gasteiz in the Basque province of Álava – 3.8km open water swim, 180km cycle and finally 42.2km marathon! At the time of writing Karen’s heroic efforts has raised around 1,700€ – an amazing amount, so a massive thank you to Karen.
- 4th September Party in the Park 2 – Mazarrón Country Club
- 7 Acts, Paul Pryce; Shannon; Carolynn May a tribute to Dame Shirley Bassey; Jeff Summers international singer and guitarist; Southern Impact; Byron G; ABBAsolutely Fabulous. Hosted by Michelle Miles and Paul Pryce. 16€ pp includes paella.
- 30th September World Coffee Morning
- 30th October Race for Life
Further details to come.
How you can help:
- Volunteers – We always need more volunteers to help out in various roles:
- ‘Manning’ reception in our Respite Home
- Helping out in our shop in Totana (car share available from Camposol B)
- Van workers to collect and deliver larger donations
- Driving patients to their appointments
If you can spare a few hours and would like to help we would love to see you. It is very rewarding work and makes a huge difference to those that need our help. Phone/email us or call into our Respite Home on Avenida de Los Covachos 278 on Camposol B2.
Furniture and larger items? Message MABS Charity Shop or phone 634 313 478 to arrange collection. For smaller items we have donation ‘boxes’ for clothes, bric-a-brac, books etc. in our Respite Home, Alley Palais on Camposol B and The Club House on Camposol C.
With your help
In June we were able to assist with:
- 114 Appointments
- 102 Translations
- 43 Drives to hospital
- 17 loans of equipment
Year to date to the end of June
- 545 Appointments
- 508 Translations
- 171 Drives to hospital
- 61 loans of equipment