Hi everyone. I do hope you’re all enjoying the summer so far, but please remember to stay safe in the sun (slap on that sunscreen, drink plenty of water, keep physical activity outside peak sun hours and pop in the shade frequently). I don’t want to sound like a bossy teacher but I really wouldn’t be doing my job in Health and Beauty properly if I didn’t mention all that now, would I? This month I’m talking about Indian Head Massage which is part of our August offer at The Beauty Palace. So an ideal way to try itif you’ve never experienced one before.
Indian Head Massage (Ayurveda)
Indian head massage is an ancient, holistic healthcare system that focuses on the balance of mind, body and spirit balance to maintain good health and wellbeing.
Indian head massage (or Champi as it’s known in Hindi and Urdu), comes from the important Indian family tradition of grooming, which has been practised for over 1,000 years. This ancient art was originally developed by Indian women giving regular head and scalp massages to their daughters. These massages were combined with aromatic oils, such as almond, olive, coconut, according to the season and buttermilk. This traditional treatment has been kept alive by the techniques being passed down.
At that time, Indian barbers also offered Champi as part of their hair cutting treatment to male clients, but the treatment differed in intention and style. Whereas Champi for women was a relaxing and calming therapy that was part of their beauty regime, for men it was an invigorating scalp massage intented to stimulate and refresh the person.
Benefits of Indian head massage (of which there are many):
- Relieves aches and pains and tension in the neck and shoulders
- Helps with stimulation of the hair follicles which helps with hair growth and also improves the texture of the hair
- Improves blood and lymph flow, helping to deliver nutrients to the scalp and head
- With encouragement of lymph flow it helps with oxygen in your upper body, therefore helping to relieve sinusitis
- Relieves stress and helps you to relax and improve your sleep!
- Gives an overall general feeling of well-being and health promotion with this amazing treatment.
At The Beauty Palace we have the “Ultimate Relaxation Package” for just 59.99€ during August
Indian head massage, 20 minutes plus a luxury back massage with aromatherapy oils and an hour of reflexology!
You will be on “cloud 9”, totally relaxed and feel amazing. So what are you waiting for?
Make that call now to The Beauty Palace on 968 971 828 to book your 2 hours of bliss
Look forward to seeing you all soon. Enjoy August.