Lockdown Beauty Tips
We all take for granted the ease of popping to the local beauty salon or hairdresser, but 6 weeks into the lockdown we are probably all looking a little less than perfect. Why not use the extra time on your hands to do some home remedies and emerge looking and feeling like a like a butterfly – beautiful, energised and summer ready?
While we are not going out, embrace your natural hair:
• Step away from the blow dryer and straighteners and let it dry naturally.
• Apply Argan Oil or a deep conditioner overnight before washing in the morning.
• Don’t reach for the scissors. Let your hairstyle evolve. You might like how it looks, or be inspired to try something new when you are able to visit the hairdresser again
Whilst longer nails or nail art may not be on the agenda with the current situation, keeping your nails in good condition can be achieved at home in simple steps:
• Soak nails in warm, soapy water.
• Push cuticles back gently.
• Shape your nails and buff the edges to avoid snagging.
• Remove oils from nail surface using nail polish remover.
• Choose your colour, ensuring that you use a base and top coat to protect your polish.
Pedicures In Your Living Room
A simple salt water foot soak can help to soften the skin on the bottom of your feet. You could even add a few drops of essential oils for a special treat.
A pumice stone or foot file used daily on the heels and the balls of your feet can help to smooth out dry and cracked skin, but be sure to be gentle!
Follow with a deeply moisturising foot cream, then shape and polish your nails with your chosen colour!
By now your legs, underarms and bikini line are probably overdue some attention! I wouldn’t generally recommend shaving, but this may be a quick fix for many of us at the moment. We can always get you back into a great hair removal routine when we reopen.
For a super smooth finish, exfoliate your skin using a loofah or body scrub, then apply a layer of shaving cream. Gently glide the razor against the direction of hair growth to give a closer shave. The exfoliation step removes dead skin cells and provides a sleek, hair-free finish.
Get More Water, Sleep and Exercise
Make sure you drink the recommend 8 glasses of water per day which will improve the look and feel of your skin and even help you to lose weight! Setting a reminder on your phone every 2 hours will help you to achieve your goal.
The same can be said of getting enough sleep. Between 6-8 hours of sleep each night will help you to look and feel more bright and refreshed.
Although it’s forbidden to go out to exercise, there are numerous classes available to us online to suit all ages and abilities.
It is a difficult time, but try to make the best of it to emerge feeling better and stronger both mentally and physically.
Tel 663 176 233