2015 in Figures
As we enter the New Year, I’d like to take a little time to share with you some of key facts and figures that defined the OwnersAway Rentals Business in 2015.
For those readers who have been following us since the beginning in 2007, when the business was made up of half a dozen inland fincas cared for by Yours Truly, it makes for interesting (and scary) reading to see how far we have come in the last 8 years!
- Throughout the quieter Winter months my team comprises of 5 staff employed on legal contracts. In summer, this figure rises to a team of around 16 people, with temporary cleaners and our support staff and maintenance guys who are “autonomous” or self employed.
- We will be actively marketing over 110 properties from January 2016 and this figure is growing all the time.
- Approximately 60% of our business is on the coast.
- In 2015, we handled over 700 cleaning and laundry services and we had the muscles to prove it, having lugged bags of laundry up and down the stairs on Mojon Hills!
- Bookings were split as follows in 2015:
39% Spanish clients
48% UK based clients
12% French clients
1% other nationalities
I think that the fact that we can deal with clients in fluent Spanish and decent French goes a long way towards influencing these figures!! Other nationalities included guests from Russia, Scandinavia, Germany and Portugal.
- More than half our Spanish clients make a booking for 4 weeks or longer
- Staff lose an average of 1.5kg each summer running around after guests, but put on 2.5kg drinking all that beer to rehydrate.
Ok, I am making the last one up, but in August it certainly feels like it! 2016 looks like it will be another busy year for the business, as we have already taken a decent volume of bookings and the cleaning schedule looks as scary as ever! I am confident we will enjoy the same level of growth and success in 2016, thanks to the hard work of the team here at OwnersAway.
Owners Away Property Rentals & Management
Contact Liz on 691977107