Last month the Costa Cálida Chronicle very kindly published an article written by a member of the Harlequin Rock Choir about one of her favourite moments. This was as a result of the members being asked to email me with their favourite moments.
Many emailed me back and it was clear that one of the most memorable performances was in March 2019 when we sang for the pensionistas of Mazarrón celebrating the fiesta of San José (Spanish Father’s Day). We were asked to sing just 3 songs as were the other choirs there. We were last to go on of the six choirs taking part and the only choir to be asked for an encore. Here are some of the quotes from the members remembering that day:
- ‘The encores at the end of our performance will remain with me forever.’
- ‘……..the appreciation and applauding we received was so uplifting…….’
- ‘I could not get over the response and how they joined in with us…..’
- ‘The joy on everyone’s face and the cheers and dancing….’
Another memorable performance was in October 2019 when we performed at Alley Palais, Camposol B to raise funds for Help the Poor. It was the first performance of a compilation of songs from the musical The Greatest Showman after extremely hard work from our Musical Directors and the members to get it as we wanted.
Here are some memories:
- ‘It was very satisfying to have succeeded and to be able to give ourselves and others such pleasure……’
- ‘The audience gave us a standing ovation. The evening was a tremendous success, uplifting, joyous and raising much needed funds…..’
- ‘The Greatest Showman set was huge……and the reaction justified the huge work and obstacles we all experienced getting this complex compilation together….’
- ‘Loved performing at Alley Palais doing The Greatest Showman for the first time ……. Such a lovely night……’
Needless to say we are all missing the singing, the camaraderie and the performances to help raise money for our local charities. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can sing together again. As two of our members remembered:
- ‘…….when I heard the choir singing for the first time………..Everyone was smiling and it was so uplifting. I decided then I would like to join.’
- ‘I went with Ida just for support and they made us so welcome. Then the next thing – we both joined and have never looked back. Sometimes fate lends a hand.’
For more information on the Harlequin Rock Choir, find us on Facebook or contact me, details below.
Chairpersonand Events and Publicity Coordinator
Tel 654 411 974